© 2014 Social Science Electronic Publishing, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Food and Agriculture: The future of sustainability
The Sustainable Development in the 21st century (SD21) Report for Rio+20
- Daniele Giovannucci, Committee on Sustainability Assessment (COSA)
- Sara Scherr, EcoAgriculture Partners
- Jeffrey C. Milder, Rainforest Alliance
- Danielle Nierenberg, Nourishing the Planet
- Charlotte Hebebrand, International Food & Agricultural Trade Policy Council
- Julie Shapiro, The Keystone Center
- Keith Wheeler, Foundation for Our Future
DateMarch 1, 2012
- No Related Challenges
On our current trajectory, severe disruptions to national and regional food systems are highly likely to happen – the main question is when. This report, commissioned by the UN DESA as a strategic input to SD21 and the Rio discussions, focuses on vital areas and offers a collection of up to date information on the current and likely trends for our global Food and Agriculture systems.