March 16, 2015 - March 18, 2015
Climate Smart Agriculture 2015: Global Science Conference
Le Corum, Montpellier, France
Building Tomorrow’s Research Agenda and Bridging the Science-Policy Gap
The Global Science Conference on Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) will address:
- Key research issues, gather CSA facts and figures from developing and developed countries and support a collaborative effort with broad social participation
- Reducing the science-policy gap
- Paving the road for future cooperation initiatives to be taken in terms of joint and collaborative scientific efforts.
Five Specific Objectives
- Updating the science basis.
- Showcasing key scenarios for agriculture and food systems: potential of CSA for answering the challenge of food security under climate change and early solutions, barriers and adoption parameters.
- Identifying priorities for early action to accelerate deployment of promising technologies, practices and approaches, with a particular emphasis on strengthening adaptation and application in developing countries.
- Interfacing with the CSA Alliance through the integration of key research issues that might arise from the meetings organized by the Alliance in 2014.
- Designing a roadmap to move forward and identify an action plan for strengthening the CSA global scientific community and improve the science-policy dialogue in coordination with the forthcoming CSA Alliance.
Register for the conference